What are you/your kids going to be for Halloween/ハロウィン this year? My daughter is going to be a candy corn witch and my son is going to be a doggie. We are going to celebrate with some Halloween parties, a Trunk-or-Treat, a Chili Cook-Off, and of course, lots of candy!
How is Halloween celebrated in Japan? According to All About, the Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Halloween in Japan is:
1. Dress up in a costume
2. Host a party at home
3. Go get candy
4. Participate in a Halloween event
5. Decorate with Halloween goods
6. Eat foods made with pumpkin
7. Make a jack-o-lantern
8. Exchange gifts
9. Play at a park
10. Dress in Halloween-ish clothes
Check out my Halloween Post from last year for some other ways to celebrate Halloween Japanese-style (like Halloween origami).
Here are some new activities I found for 2011:
1. Learn all about ghosts and monsters in Japan at Bake Bake.
2. Halloween coloring pages at Nurieyasan.
3. Jack-o-Lantern maze at Nifty Kids.
How do you celebrate Halloween where you live? Have you ever celebrated this holiday in Japan?